Thursday, March 8, 2012

You've got the reverse issue with men

I'm describing a dream boat to my friend Erin. I won't say who he is, but I will say that I describe him as someone who is passionate about everything he likes, wants to share his personal success with his coworkers and who treats his wife amazingly.

Erin looks to me and says "You've got the reverse issue with men. You want a man that's too good." I laugh and return with "The problem is that my dad is such an awesome guy." So many girls go after guys like their asshole fathers. They seek out bad boys. They like men who treat them like shit and who make them cry and beg for love and affection. Daddy issues? My daddy issue is that I am truly and fully attracted to men who treat people well and have a lot of kindness in them.

So, the impossible search continues. Show me a guy who is passionate but sensitive. Show me a guy who's great in the kitchen and as great in the sack. Show me a guy who's fucking hilarious but also wants to talk about things.  Show me a guy who's ambitious but realistic.

Actually, scratch that. Show me a guy who loves me. That's it. The rest is just a bonus.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete