Monday, January 16, 2012

Party like it's 2005

Okay, I'll admit it. I was being a bit dramatic. Day one of that cleanse was horrible. It was all about self control and questioning my intentions. By the end of the day I wasn't even hungry. I was just picturing what three weeks of denying myself everything was going to feel like and I wondered why I was even considering it.

In the end, I was never really clear about my intentions and I decided that doing the cleanse was depriving me of social opportunities. Right now, socializing is what I need for my happiness and so I decided it was much more important to see my friends and participate in life than it was to detox things that I wasn't even that worried about. I did it for six and a half days and only cheated slightly (a couple slices of cheese and some decaf coffee). I lost a couple pounds, ate a bunch of produce and didn't poop for days. All in all, I'm ecstatic that I'm back to my regular life.

After having the most amazing weekend with my old college friends over New Years Eve, I realized that I'm getting in a rut here. A rut overflowing with wonderful friends who all happen to be coupled up and who mostly prefer to "stay in and make dinner" or go out "for a drink." I want to go out for 7 drinks. I want to dance so hard I'm sore the next day. I want to make out with strangers at bars. I want to wake up in the morning and look at my bank statement and say to myself "how the fuck did I spend so much money?" I know I'm not in college anymore but damn it, I'm single and in my 20s and I want to have fun. I've decided to spend more of my time surrounding myself in other people who want that too. I love all my friends and would never want to lose any of them, but I need some more action.

So I'm going out more. I'm sleeping less. I'm spending more money. I'm eating worse. I'm drinking too much. I'm neglecting the gym. I'm obsessing over boys. I'm not reading. I'm not learning. I'm not saving money for the things I want to buy. I'm dancing all the time. I'm laughing all the time. I'm excited for the weekends. I'm starting 2012 off like I'm 21 and you know what? I like it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment