Tuesday, December 7, 2010

How to be creative

Well shit. I don't know. I pulled out the old guitar recently. That didn't last long. So now I'm looking for something else.

All I really want to do is write a book. I want to live in a cabin for 3 months and write a book. But that creativity issue is really a problem for me. I think to myself, "self, what can I write a novel about?" and I can't think of a thing. So then I think, "well, what about essays about funny stuff that is real?" and then I realize that not that many funny things have happened to me. So, I'm hoping to be inspired in Israel.

I was accepted to go on Birthright and will be spending at least 10 days in Israel, maybe more. I will bring a journal and I will hopefully get some wham-bham for my writing-noodle while I'm there. I love to write and when I have a topic it comes pretty easily. But as you can see by my epic failure of a blog, the ideas don't flow freely.

The blog of my dreams is one in which I get to do posts about grammar and nerd stuff. Unfortunately, five million already exist and the only way to make that cool is to do something different... like that girl who draws funny cartoons to illustrate her anguish at the world's word stupidity. Need to do something like that....

While I ponder, I'll find a fun picture for this post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment