Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My temper

Today I blasted my way home from work on I-5 with Temper Trap. I sort of cried a little bit. And then I'd get all "I can do anything" and then I'd tear up a little bit again. Driving on I-5 late at night toward my new house is kind of awesome. I get to look at the city across the river and then as I come around toward my neighborhood, see OHSU on top of the hill shining down on me like a beacon of inspiration: I CAN DO SOMETHING WITH MY LIFE. No, not be a doctor. But something. But what? Something.

What am I doing in this city? I should have more of a nightlife and date more boys and go to coffee shops and write write write. My new roommate is great for me because she too is looking for some inspiration. Together, we will conquer.

Now, how to fight the loneliness? Smile all the time. That's what Jeff Tweedy thinks anyway. It doesn't really help. F you JT.

0 comments:

Post a Comment